Making plans is the single most important step in writing an excellent essay, and, frustratingly, additionally the step that’s most often rushed or left out by students. if your essays often get criticized for having the poor shape or doubtful lines of argument, probabilities are you need to practice your making plans. Use the following step-by-step procedure to turn my notes into a good plan; you may try it too, and notice if it works for you.
1) Re-read your notes multiple times, and underline whatever you observed is specifically important, interesting, or relevant to the place of the topic you want to talk about. As far as possible, try and organize your thoughts into sections, and spot if you can link thoughts collectively.
2) Sit back and look at your diagram, perhaps along with your notes, and work out the main ‘factor’ or conclusion you want to make for your essay. The best essays are characterized by a clear line of argument throughout – Don’t really get the idea that essays should present both sides of a question. You’ve were given in writing the essay is to set this conclusion up. Set a goal and start analyzing your topic. Once you have analyzed the whole topic then move to next step.
3) Work backward, using the links you’ve made on your diagram: what do you need to argue or show to make your factor? Jot these ‘factors’ down in a couple of words each. This forms the beginnings of a skeleton to your essay.
4) Start to fill out your skeleton with facts from your notes, and any more ideas you might have. if you’re writing a literature essay, it’s important that you include a few close analysis of passages to support your argument. Jot down the sentences that link these into the greater structure.
5) Fill out your skeleton more and more, till it’s essentially a rough draft in bullet points. Every twist or nuance of your argument ought to be in there; each introductory and concluding sentence for each paragraph, making it specific how this paragraph solutions your question.